NGO Global Pay
NGO Global Pay is now entering it’s 3rd year in 2013! A companion survey to NGO Local Pay tailored to the needs of the international development community, this survey covers international and headquarter roles. NGO Global Pay is sponsored by Birches Group LLC and People In Aid.
Focused on internationally-recruited professional positions, the survey will include country and regional-level roles covering the full range of programme and operational positions found in the NGO Community, such as Country Director, Chief of Party, senior program staff, key administrative and support roles in finance, human resources, procurement and logistics, along with selected headquarters-based leadership positions including those roles with responsibilities for international operations. Usual participants include organizations with headquarters in Europe, North America, Africa, Asia, and Australia.
Together with the NGO Local Pay surveys, organizations now have a single source for market data for both locally- and internationally-recruited staff. Using the Birches Group job levels in both surveys will make it simple to develop comparisons and look at pay levels using a comprehensive and consistent framework from driver right up to CEO.
Participants will have advisory input into the NGO Global Pay survey through People In Aid’s Reward Network and through a smaller, technical Advisory Group of regular participants.
What is included in the Survey?
Each participant will receive a report with detailed information about the market practices across all countries where positions are reported in the survey. Data will include:
- Base salary, including actual pay averages
- Total cash, including any fixed but non location specific allowances
- Pay market percentiles
- A practices survey with information on expatriate benefits such as housing, cost of living, etc.
- Meetings: a results discussion meeting and review and input to survey meeting, though People in Aid
What is the Cost and Timing of the Survey?
- The cost of the pdf survey report is US$1,195 per participant.
- The cost of the interactive excel report is US$1,500 per participant.
- The costs are all-inclusive; there are no VAT/GST or other taxes due.
- Results review for 2012 and input to the 2013 survey design begins 6th February 2013
- Input to 2013 survey changes through a virtual meeting on 17th April
- Data collection begins July, 2013
- Job matching support starts end of Jul through to mid Sept
- Matching telecon/meeting – 5th Sept (TBC)
- Data submission closes 13th September 2013
- Survey publication is planned for End of November, 2013.
- Results meeting is planned for 2nd/3rd week December 2013 (TBC)
Our registration site is available now.
For More Information
If you have questions about NGO Global Pay, please contact Curtis Grund at Birches Group, Catherine McMenamin in association with Birches Group or Maduri Moutou at People In Aid.