We are committed to protecting and respecting Your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is People In Aid of The Resource Centre, 356 Holloway Road, London, N7 6PA, UK.
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following data:
- Information that You provide by filling in forms on or for posting on Our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use Our Site, subscribing to Our service, posting material, booking events, ordering resources or requesting further services. We may also ask You for information when You report a problem with Our Site.
- If You contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask You to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although You do not have to respond to them.
- Details of Your use of Our Site for the fulfilment of any information or services supply requests.
- Details of Your visits to Our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for Our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that You access.
We may in future obtain information about Your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of Your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to Your computer's hard drive. They help Us to improve Our Site and to deliver a better service. They enable Us:
- To estimate Our user usage pattern.
- To store information about Your use, and so allow Us to customise Our Site according to Your needs.
- To speed up Your searches.
- To recognise You when You return to Our Site.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given You (or where You have chosen) a username and password which enables You to access certain parts of Our Site, You are responsible for keeping these confidential. We ask You not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at Your own risk. Once we have received Your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use information held about You in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for You and for Your organisation.
- To carry out Our obligations arising from any pre-agreed arrangements between You and Us.
- To allow You to participate in interactive features of Our service, when You choose to do so.
- To notify You about changes to Our service.
Disclosure of your information
There may be rare circumstances under which we may disclose Your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose Your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- Whilst we do not supply personal data to any third parties for marketing purposes, individuals have the right to ask Us not to process personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform them (before collecting such data) if we intend to use data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose information to any third party for such purposes. Individuals can exercise their right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting Us at email@example.com. Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before You submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives individuals the right to access any personal information held about them. Rights of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Our costs in providing details of the information we hold.